Calling all teachers in Western North Carolina! Prepare your students and communities for the challenges of tomorrow by engaging them in solving the challenges of today, right in their backyard.
Apply by September 15th, 2021 to join our 3rd annual RootEd in Western North Carolina fellowship program. Earn a $1,000 stipend and 5 CEUs as you work with your students, peers, coaches, and community partners, over the course of a school-year, to solve a real challenge in your community. Participants will…
- Learn how to integrate their course standards into solving a real community challenge
- Learn how to use community challenges to develop student problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills
- Collaborate with peers and coaches through a blended learning experience
- Visit other schools, teachers, and students who are solving community challenges
- Showcase and reflect on your learning through a culminating event